How to Write a Children's Book From the Institute of Children's Literature: Advice on Writing Children's Books From the Experts Who've Taught Over 407,247 Writers How to Write a Book for Kids
Publisher: Institute of Children's Literature
Description and OverviewDo You Want to Know How to Write a Children’s Book?
Have you ever said, “I’ve always wanted to write a book for kids!” but then never got around to it? Maybe you didn’t know where to start, or how to get a good idea. Now you can start to write your book for children when you read How to Write a Children’s Book, brought to you by the Institute of Children’s Literature.
There are so many different kinds of children’s books, from picture books to chapter books, middle grade novels, and young adult, it’s hard to know which way to go. Should you decide you’re going to write for a particular age group and then come up with an idea that fits them? Or should you decide to write a story or article about a particular idea, then choose the age group that’s right for it? Almost anything can become a nonfiction topic for young readers, given their curiosity and appetite for facts about the world around them. But each topic has to be aimed at the right readership. You’ll have a much better handle on all this and more once you read the chapter “How Old Is Your Reader?”
How to Write a Children’s Book Will Start You on Your Way to Being an Author
Whether you you want to have a full-blown career writing children’s books, be traditionally publish, self-publish, or simply want one book to hand down to your own children and grandkids, How to Write a Children’s Book will help you.
Here's What You'll Learn from How to Write a Children’s Book:
• Where Do You Get Your Ideas? Bestselling children’s authors like Judy Blume, R.L. Stine, Jane Yolen and more share their answers. You’ll find out how to know when an idea is worth following, and how to write a smart book.
• How to figure out which readership is right for you.
• How to target and hit the mark with your reader and make sure you’re writing to the right age.
• How to get going, using writing prompts provided
• How to get to know your main character
• How to plot a great story
• What editors wish writers knew
• Five good tools that can get you into bad trouble
Whether you’re a first time or advanced writer, you’ll love how inspirational and educational How to Write a Children’s Book is, and how much it helps you! All the way to the very end, where you’ll find
• Your Organization Checklist
• Character and Settings Checklist
• Sentence Structure Checklist
• Mechanics Checklist
Scroll to the top of this page and click the buy button to learn to write your children’s book today!